Metrics Credit Partners joins UN PRI
Leading non-bank corporate lender, Metrics Credit Partners, has become a signatory of the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
The PRI is a global network of asset managers, owners and services providers working collaboratively to implement responsible investment into practice.
Andrew Lockhart, Metrics Managing Partner said: “We are thrilled to join this initiative which is working towards a more sustainable global financial system.
“We will be incorporating each of its six principles into our investment decision-making process.”
Mr Lockhart said borrowers who do not consider environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues present a higher risk to investors. Metrics considers ESG risks in investment decision making processes to protect and manage investments on behalf of all stakeholders for the long-term.
All PRI signatories must abide by strict reporting standards, for instance, they are required to report on their responsible investment activities annually ensuring:
- accountability of the PRI and its signatories;
- a standardised transparency tool for signatories’ reporting;
- signatories receiving feedback from which to further learn and develop.
Mr Lockhart said: “There is a growing body of evidence of the impact ESG factors can have on investment performance and society as a whole. In signing up to the PRI, Metrics is committed to investing and working with organisations that act in a responsible and sustainable manner.”
The PRI’s six key Principles for Responsible Investment are:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the principles.
Equity like returns with debt like risk; Metrics Managing Partner Andrew Lockhart discusses the opportunity created by traditional lenders leaving…